Communications & Project Manager
Communications and Project Manager One-year contract with competitive remuneration and the possibility for extension.
The Ontario Building and Construction Tradeswomen (OBCT) is currently looking for a committed, passionate and experienced project manager to manage and organize all OBCT initiatives. The OBCT is a committee of tradeswomen working together to advocate for women in the skilled trades in Ontario to ensure they feel inspired, welcomed, motivated, challenged and empowered. Established in 2020, the OBCT provides training, mentorship and support to address the relatively low rates of recruitment and retention of women in the skilled trades.
The OBCT works directly through the Provincial Building and Construction Trades Council of Ontario (PBCTCO), an organization that represents 12 craft unions in the construction sector, totalling 150,000 workers throughout the province. The PBCTCO aims to provide a collective voice in the workplace, to help ensure that workers are well-trained in their craft to meet industry needs, and to promote healthy and safe work conditions with decent wages, pensions and benefits.
The Communications and Project Manager will manage, organize and support all OBCT initiatives. They are responsible for: maintaining and expanding training in leadership skills, mental health first aid and mentorship work; ongoing stakeholder and member engagement; seeking new funding opportunities to support the work of OBCT; and coordinating new projects including digital communications and a video campaign around the province. The Communications and Project Manager should be knowledgeable about the construction and building trades in Ontario and be passionate about improving the circumstances of women in the skilled trades.
• Maintain and expand OBCT’s current initiatives, including training in leadership skills, mental health first aid and mentorship work;
• Coordinate multiple projects, including a new digital communications and video campaign throughout Ontario;
• Maintain a reliable schedule of monthly and quarterly meetings and reports to effectively manage OBCT projects;
• Assist in monitoring, measuring and recording key KPIs, schedules, costs and project feedback;
• Seek new partnership and funding opportunities to support the continuation and expansion of OBCT efforts;
• Produce, write and maintain timely and reliable communications with project team members and stakeholders, including the PBCTCO, volunteers, OBCT members and contracted partners.
• Previous experience or established knowledge of the Ontario construction and building trades industry considered an asset;
• Post-secondary degree or related/equivalent work experience;
• Previous experience coordinating and managing projects/programs;
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capabilities would be an asset.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English);
• Proficiency in grammar, diction, punctuation, and proper formatting; • Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Able to demonstrate digital expertise and knowledge of video and communication skills; • Valid G-driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
• Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills; • Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines; • Able to meet budgetary requirements for all project activities.
COVID-10: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe and at home to reduce the spread of COVID-19. During this time, most employees are working from home or doing a blended model of at home and in-office work in accordance
with government and Public Health guidelines. Until further notice, this role will operate predominantly under this model.
INTERVIEW: Our interview and onboarding processes are conducted through video platforms.
INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE: We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. This role will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Attn: Lindsay Maskell